Our open peering policy aims to provide our users with a great viewing experience as well enable our ISP and telco partners to reduce their bandwidth costs.
|Approximate Number of Advertised Routes
African Public Peering Points
|NAPAfrica JHB (IPv4)
- Potential peering partners must enforce strict filtering policies to prevent route leaks.
- A good faith effort should be made to facilitate communication regarding network maintenance that will affect traffic exchange.
- Both parties shall be responsive to Denial of Service attacks, as well as other network abuse complaints.
- Neither party shall point default “route of last resort”, add a static route, or otherwise send traffic to the other party for a route not advertised via BGP.
- Neither party shall modify, sell, or provide the next-hop to a third party.
- Showmax reserves the right to modify, replace, or nullify this document at any time.
- Any interconnection may be terminated for any reason, within 30 days notice.
- No shaping shall be applied to bi-directional traffic.
- Both parties shall endeavor to ensure QoS on peering links and ensure sufficient capacity is available for delivery of content.
- Showmax advertises its routes via route servers. Any peer can request direct peering sessions for redundancy purposes.