Frontend Developer at ShowmaxApply now
Prague, Czech Republic
We’re currently updating it to use the latest technologies such as React.js for components, Redux for application store, GraphQL to ease using our APIs, Immutable.js, JSS, … Webpack builds it all and Jenkins delivers to the cluster to be served to users all over the world.
We’re bringing our SmartTV application in-house to reuse and share most of the website components and to take the lean-back experience to the next level.
Our daily challenges include making our code shareable across platforms, developing apps for devices with low computing power (SmartTV, Chromecast), creating APIs to handle differences not just between browsers, but also TV vendors (Samsung, LG, Hisense), delivering the service over slow (1-4 Mbit) and unreliable connections (wired and mobile) and automating our workflows as much as possible.
Our team is full of young and smart people who strive for perfection, are always learning and sharing knowledge, and don’t hesitate to experiment to get the job done. We have a very friendly and relaxed team culture and the latest equipment available to help us deliver the best.
Join us if you have:
- Experience with React or some MVC framework (Angular.js/Backbone/Ember.js/…)
- Good knowledge of web technologies (HTML5, CSS3) and browser differences
- Experience with Git
- Very good communication skills
- Mastered the English language well enough to be able to talk/write daily
- Some code to showcase your previous work and skills
What we offer:
- The engineering team has a great position within the company.
- ShowMax is a young company. You’ll be joining the team in the beginning stages when you’re still able to grasp the whole codebase.
- Use the latest technologies.
- Complete infrastructure for testing and development.
- Our bureaucratic overhead is close to zero.
- Plus all the stuff like an ergonomic workplace, hardware of your choice, a budget for conferences, books, friendly atmosphere, knowledge sharing…
- Flexible working hours and work from home 2 days per week.
- 5 weeks of vacation.
- Meal vouchers.
See other positions (8)