Project Manager - Content Discovery at ShowmaxApply now
At Connected Video, we develop, maintain, and operate two popular video-on-demand services - Showmax and DStv streaming - operating in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Showmax provides entertainment to customers in developing economies: Hollywood blockbusters, local African productions, 24-hour news, live sports, and more.
DStv streaming offers the best live TV channels and catch up service on any device - anytime, anywhere.
Our Prague office is responsible for product development, engineering, and R&D activities. Currently, we employ around 100 people and work closely with hundreds more in the Republic of South Africa.
We are building a generalized, cloud-based Recommendation and Personalization platform that serves multiple internal and external clients at Multichoice.
The mission of our PMO is to introduce and maintain a consistent approach to managing projects within the Connected Video Technology division. We develop and support project management methodologies, which enables us to deliver projects on time, within budget and within scope while exceeding users expectations.
Project Manager mission
- Establish and monitor healthy, diverse internal and external relations and implement remedial actions where required, in the achievement of organizational goals
- Understand the priorities and interdependencies of past, current and future work to ensure optimal outcomes
- Plan and manage a portfolio of projects and initiatives (both large and small) with multiple stakeholders to deliver within timelines, budgets and resource requirements
- Communicate and report on projects status, risk and timelines to provide visibility to all stakeholders including executive sponsors and team members
- Work with technical teams on sizing of user stories and prioritisation, identify and resolve issues and conflicts, mitigate risks where applicable, perform tracking and task management
- Apply the project management methodologies maintained by PMO, support improvements in the projects delivery
- English language on communication level
- Experience/certification in agile/waterfall project management
- Experience with software development processes (ideally from the entertainment industry) with various teams (backend, frontend,…) and stakeholders (marketing, product, legal, operations,...)
- Experience with data science project and teams including data scientists
- Experience with dual-track project management (discovery, delivery)
- Proficient in leadership and stakeholders communication
- Open-mindness, integrity, sense for details
- Relationship Building, Conflict Resolution, Holistic Thinking
What you’ll get in return
- 25 days of holidays, 5 sick days
- Annual bonus based on performance
- Equipment based on your preferences (laptop, monitors, etc.)
- Meal vouchers, MultiSport card
- Education - internal knowledge sharing, conferences, online courses, time allocation for learning purposes
- Flexible hours, full-remote environment during the pandemic
- Ergonomic workspace, good coffee and snacks in the office
See other positions (18)