Data Analyst Content Discovery at ShowmaxApply now
At Showmax, we develop, maintain, and operate one of the largest video-on-demand services in Sub-Saharan Africa. In other words, we provide entertainment to customers in developing economies: Hollywood blockbusters, local African productions, 24-hour news, live sports, and more. Our Prague office is responsible for product development, engineering, and R&D activities. Currently, we employ around 100 people and work closely with hundreds more in the Republic of South Africa.
What you’ll be doing:
- Checking the impact and statistical significance of the changes we introduce - usually in the form of A/B tests.
- Providing ad hoc and exploratory analyses leading to better understanding of how customers interact with our service. You will not build business reports.
- Discussing the outcomes of the analysis with Product managers and thus affecting the immediate choices in how our service evolves.
To apply, you’ll need:
- Passion for data and understanding how to manage it.
- Experience processing, analyzing and visualizing data.
- We work mostly with SQL and Python (especially using pandas and plotly), but we will welcome anyone with a similar experience (R, Matlab, SAGE or other statistical languages).
- Attention to detail, patience to answer questions and dig deeper.
- Willingness to learn and explore.
- Good communication skills in English.
These will set you apart from other applicants:
- Knowledge of Spark, Delta Lake, or other open-source big-data tools, and distributed computing of large-scale data.
- Experience with development and validation of machine learning models.
- Good understanding of hypothesis testing (e.g. various statistical significance tests).
What we offer:
- Open and healthy working culture. Want to contribute to the activities of other teams? You’re welcome to do so! Want to work over 40 hours per week? Please don’t :-)
- 25 days of holidays + 5 days of on-demand leave (sick days).
- Fully remote work if you prefer to be at home (even post-covid).
- Ergonomic office and kitchen full of tasty (often healthy) snacks, if you prefer to join us at the office.
- Freedom to choose your laptop from a few preselected models. You can choose which OS you use and what you install. You can also choose some additional hardware and software.
- Access to Udemy, O’Reilly, and our internal library of physical books.
- Multisport Card (optional, refunded 50%).
- Language classes (English or Czech) and a very international environment. At the Prague office, you’ll find colleagues from the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Brazil, Belgium, South Africa, the USA, and other far-flung places.
- Dedicated budget for attending conferences, and strong support if you want to present at a conference yourself!
- Flexible working hours.
- Access to movies and series on the Showmax platform - both in the office and home.
See other positions (18)