Data Pipeline Maintainer at ShowmaxApply now
Data Pipeline Maintainer
At Showmax, we bring world class video-on-demand entertainment to our customers across the African continent. For us, that means fun, innovation, cutting-edge technology, and building products people love to use. We believe in our work, and we focus on working with people — pushing people to learn, experiment, and bring new ideas to the table.
As such, we process a lot of data about our customers and how they interact with the platform. We need a data engineer that will help us maintain the pipelines the data flows through, mostly by writing code.
- Are a meticulous perfectionist.
- Speak SQL and Python fluently.
- Like to learn new stuff.
- Have some history with data engineering.
- Are comfortable working in English.
- Know AWS cloud.
- Don't mind working with Azure.
- Are excited to work with terabytes of data
- We are a team of 6.
- We aggregate data from dozens of production systems to build a business representation of data used by analysts and other parties.
- We process and aggregate message streams ranging up to thousands of messages per second
- We are working on a private cloud, migrating to AWS.
- We are always looking for ways to improve.
- We have some legacy code written in Ruby.
This is not...
- ...a data science position. Your job will be to build and maintain data pipelines, which are used by Data Scientists and Data Analysts,
Your daily job
- Maintain and improve data pipelines using SQL and Python.
- Suggest and work on improvements to systems and processes.
- React to changes in product and make sure source data changes are handled properly.
- Click as little as possible — our stack is fully code-defined.
- 5 weeks of vacation
- Fully remote work possible
- Kitchen full of good and also healthy stuff
- 5 sick days
- Choose your laptop, additional hardware, and OS (Linux / Mac preferred)
- Access to Udemy, internal library of books we own, and shared subscription to O’Reilly
- Optional, partially-funded Multisport Card
- We fund conference expenses
- You get Developer’s access to Showmax
See other positions (12)