Web QA Engineer at ShowmaxApply now
At Showmax, we’re bringing world-class video-on-demand entertainment to our customers. For us, that means fun, innovation, cutting-edge technology, and building products people love to use. We believe in our work and we focus on working with people - pushing people to learn, experiment, and bring in new ideas.
A bit about the team:
We don't have a dedicated QA team, our testers work as one team with their respective developers. You will be joining a growing team of 6 backend and full-stack engineers and tester(s) responsible for the onboarding experience of our customers. Welcome pages, user authentication and payments are the top three areas we take care of.
Our full-stack applications and backend APIs are written mostly in Ruby with unit tests in Rspec. For automated UI tests we're using Selenium & Capybara.
Who are we looking for:
We look for a QA engineer who is not only able to execute test cases and find bugs with high focus and precision, but also a person who passionately thinks about and understands the product, and who can’t help not to discuss the user’s point of view and business analysis with the product definition department.
As a QA engineer you will be responsible for:
- Manual testing of both UI and APIs. Ability to send a REST API call or run a simple database query is necessary.
- Analysis, creation, execution and evaluation of test cases for new or reworked product functionality.
- Regression and user acceptance testing on larger functional areas.
- Providing help and guidance for developers to properly verify their partial deliverables.
You will do great if:
- You have experience with designing and helping with implementation of end-to-end test automation.
- You can fluently communicate in English every day. Written English and basic spoken English communication skills are a must have.
- You are product-oriented with a focus on the details, and you consider yourself to be an advocate for end-users, especially in terms of quality.
- You’re able to troubleshoot and report issues, and enjoy helping developers understand the issue.
- You feel comfortable to challenge the way things are done, and are not afraid to improve it.
- You are eager to learn plenty of cool new stuff, while enjoying the support you will get from the team around you.
What you’ll get in return:
- 25 days of holidays, 5 sick days
- Annual bonus based on performance
- Equipment based on your preferences (laptop, monitors, etc.)
- Meal vouchers, MultiSport card
- Education - internal knowledge sharing, conferences, online courses, time allocation for learning purposes
- Flexible hours, full-remote environment during the pandemic
- Ergonomic workspace, good coffee and snacks in the office
See other positions (14)