Marketing Pages/Frontend Developer at ShowmaxApply now
At Showmax, we’re bringing world-class video-on-demand entertainment to our customers. For us, that means fun, innovation, cutting-edge technology, and building products people love to use. We believe in our work and we focus on working with people - pushing people to learn, experiment, and bring in new ideas.
A bit about the team:
You will be joining a team of 6 engineers responsible for the onboarding experience of our customers. The experience starts at welcome or marketing pages, and follows through user authentication into the payment pages.
The team consists of backend developers and full-stack developers and we need reinforcement from you, the frontend-focused specialist.. Worry not, we do have separate frontend teams that maintain our web application written in React. While these guys will not be your direct team members, they are always ready to help if needed.
Who are we looking for:
We’re looking for an engineer to help us revolutionize our current welcome/marketing pages. With expansion to new markets and launching more promotion campaigns, we currently have more public pages than ever.
Our goal is to build a new solution for easy management of these pages as well as a solution that will deliver pages optimized for both SEO and performance. Your job will be to create new pages as well as provide support to product/design teams with new design implementation and running AB test experiments on those pages.
A solid candidate for the position satisfies the following:
- Is expert in HTML (HTML 5 is a plus)
- Is expert in CSS
- Has experience with optimizing pages for SEO
- Has experience with performance optimization and optimization for low-end tier devices (e.g. low cost android phones)
- Is fluent in English
If you have experience with the following, you will fit the role perfectly:
- Experience with content management systems development
- Leadership traits
- Knowledge of Ruby programming language is a plus
You can look forward to:
- Working in an international team of full-stack engineers
- Have impact on product definition, collaborate on decisions that are data driven and well A/B tested
- An environment where we prefer an agile approach with fast delivery of your changes into production, with the ability to see the impact in a few minutes, not days or months
- Collaboration with other team members and across our teams, and being responsible for overall delivery
See other positions (14)