Frontend/UX Developer at ShowmaxApply now
Work at Showmax and help us build the best-in-class streaming video platform!
At Showmax, we’re bringing world-class video-on-demand entertainment to our customers. For us, that means fun, innovation, cutting-edge technology, and building products people love to use. We believe in our work and we focus on working with people - pushing people to learn, experiment, and bring in new ideas.
A bit about the team:
You will be joining a newly formed cross-functional team responsible for the onboarding experience of our customers. The experience starts at welcome or marketing pages, and follows through user authentication into the payment pages. The new team is fully focused on pushing the onboarding experience into perfection.
Who are we looking for:
We’re looking for a frontend engineer/UX developer to help us revolutionize our current welcome/marketing pages. With expansion to new markets and launching more promotion campaigns, we currently have more public pages than ever.
To improve the performance of these pages we are migrating their infrastructure into a Jamstack framework. Your job will be to create new pages as well as provide support to product/design teams with design updates and running AB test experiments on those pages.
A solid candidate for the position satisfies the following:
- Is expert in HTML (HTML 5 is a plus)
- Is expert in CSS
- Has experience with optimizing pages for SEO
- Has experience with performance optimization and optimization for low-end tier devices (e.g. low cost android phones)
- Is fluent in English
If you have experience with the following, you will fit the role perfectly:
- Experience with content management systems development
- Leadership traits
- Knowledge of Ruby programming language is a plus
You can look forward to:
- Working in a small international team
- Have impact on product definition, collaborate on decisions that are data driven and well A/B tested
- An environment where we prefer an agile approach with fast delivery of your changes into production, with the ability to see the impact in a few minutes, not days or months
- Collaboration with other team members and across our teams, and being responsible for overall delivery
See other positions (12)