Product Manager for Mobile App at ShowmaxApply now
At Showmax, we develop, maintain and operate a video streaming service enjoyed by people across the African continent. For more than 5 years, we’ve entertained people all over the African continent with our catalogue of leading films, TV series, and original content. This year, we expanded our offer to include live sports streaming. Our apps are available for smart TVs, smartphones, tablets, computers, media players and gaming consoles.
A small-ish team in Prague (about 100 people across engineering, design and PM) manages the majority of the product and enjoys a reasonable amount of freedom. MultiChoice Group (ex Naspers) offers an umbrella and all the benefits of a stable parent company.
You will be taking care of the core Showmax experience: keeping our iOS and Android users engaged. You will focus on engagement and playback experience, but also tackle the challenges of data consumption and downloads. Examples of your goals include: increasing time spent watching on the apps, reducing data consumption per hour (through awareness and smart settings — there is a separate team who deals with encoding and bitrates) or maximising time spent watching downloaded content.
Your daily tasks:
- Work with two engineering teams and one dedicated designer, taking care of all of the above. You will have goals to achieve, and it will be up to you and your team to find ways to achieve them.
- Run tests to confirm your hypotheses (both quantitative and qualitative).
- Stay in sync with your PM counterpart who will be focusing on a similar area on web apps.
- Work closely with other teams that take care of areas like sign up, payment, onboarding, etc., incorporating their requests into your teams’ backlogs.
- Filter and prioritize bugs and requests for most of the features on the mobile platforms.
- Be an informal leader for the team. Gain trust and create a positive transparent atmosphere.
- Your primary task will be continuous improvement of the core product experience. Some goals will be measurable, some might be rather qualitative.
- If you can support your decisions with arguments and keep delivering results leading towards your goal, you will have freedom to define the solutions.
We imagine you like this:
- You have experience with engagement-focused mobile B2C products (think games or productivity tools rather than e-commerce).
- You don’t wait for an assignment. You have the ability to set goals for the team, agree on them with management, and drive the process of discovering solutions that will achieve the goal.
- You focus on frequent, constant delivery of impactful changes, rather than shipping large uber-polished projects.
- You have solid experience working with a dedicated engineering team:
- Backlog prioritization, ability to decide what is critical to achieve the current goal. Balancing technological debt and new feature work.
- Involving engineering in discovery work
- Building a relationship and working closely together, not handing over specifications.
- You’re data savvy, but can make decisions based on both data and user feedback.
- Experience with gathering user feedback is a strong plus. Not necessarily user testing, but being able to source user feedback yourself (polls, surveys, etc.).
- Ability to interpret user data. We have people to help with this, but it is much faster to do a bit yourself.
- You’re a positive person that can keep the spirit of the teams high.
- You have advanced English, both written and spoken.
- Most written communication is in English
- Some team members might be non-native speakers.
- Weekly calls with South Africa
- Visits to South Africa
We can offer:
- Ability to influence key user experience of a growing B2C product with an African twist.
- Agility of a smaller company, stability of a large one.
- Chance to learn and grow in a multinational environment.
- Small collocated product team.
- 5 sick days.
- 5 weeks of vacation.
- Offices in Prague 5 right on a subway line. Currently fully remote.
See other positions (14)