Product Manager (Play on web) at ShowmaxApply now
Our goal is to be Africa’s most loved online storyteller. We build world class streaming service. Showmax is one of the largest and most successful subscription video on demand services serving sub-Saharan Africa. Our apps are available for smart TVs, smartphones, tablets, computers, media players and gaming consoles.
A small-ish team in Prague (about 100 people across engineering, design and PM) manages the majority of the product and enjoys reasonable freedom. MultiChoice Group (ex Naspers) offers an umbrella and benefits of a stable company.
You will be taking care of the core Showmax experience: keeping people engaged on the web and Smart TV apps. You will focus on engagement and playback experience, making people enjoy the watching experience and remain engaged as much as possible.
Your daily tasks:
- Manage a cross functional team (design, engineers) taking care of the above area. You will have a goal to achieve, it will be up to you and your team to find ways to achieve it.
- Run tests to confirm your hypotheses (both quantitative and qualitative).
- Stay in sync with your PM counterpart who will be focusing on a similar area on mobile apps.
- Work closely together with other teams that take care of areas like sign up, payment, onboarding.
- Filter and prioritize bugs and requests for most of the features on the web and SmartTV platform.
- Be an informal leader for the team. Gain trust and create a positive transparent atmosphere.
- Your primary task will be continuous improvement of the core product experience. Some goals will be measurable (like time spent watching, number of titles watched per session), some might be rather qualitative (perceived quality).
- If you can support your decisions with arguments and keep delivering results leading towards your goal, you will have freedom to define the solutions.
We imagine you like this:
- You have experience with engagement focused online B2C products (think games or productivity tools rather than e-commerce).
- You don’t wait for an assignment. You have the ability to set goals for the team, agree on them with management and drive the process of discovering solutions that will achieve the goal.
- You focus on frequent, constant delivery of impactful changes, rather than shipping large uber-polished projects.
- You have solid experience working with a dedicated engineering team:
- Backlog prioritization, ability to decide what is critical to achieve the current goal. Balancing technological debt and new feature work.
- Involving engineering in discovery work
- Building a relationship and working closely together, not handing over specifications.
- You’re data savvy, but can make decisions based on both data and user feedback.
- Experience with gathering user feedback is a strong plus. Not necessarily user testing, but being able to source user feedback yourself (polls, surveys, etc.).
- Ability to interpret user data. We have people to help with this, but it is much faster to do some things yourself.
- You’re a positive person that can keep the spirit of the team high.
- You have advanced English, both written and spoken.
- Most written communication is in English
- Some team members might be non-native speakers.
- Weekly calls with South Africa
- Visits to South Africa
We can offer:
- Ability to influence key user experience of a growing B2C product with an African twist.
- Agility of a smaller company, stability of a large one.
- Chance to learn and grow in a multinational environment.
- Small collocated product team.
- 5 sick days.
- 5 weeks of vacation.
- Offices in Prague 5 right on a subway line. Currently fully remote.
See other positions (15)