DevOps Team Leader at ShowmaxApply now
DEVOPS TEAM MISSION
- Ensure smooth operation of the infrastructure and tooling that is built on top of private cloud running on Hetzner hosted bare-metal servers (hundreds of servers, thousands of containers, petabytes of data).
- Secure availability of core parts of our stack like the access layer (HAProxy and Varnish), containers orchestration platform (Nomad), databases (PostgreSQL+ Patroni, ElasticSearch), message bus (RabbitMQ, NATS), and storage (GlusterFS).
- Implementation of the new technologies (e.g. Kubernetes, Terraform, AWS).
- Manage monitoring and observability components (Prometheus, Grafana, OpsGenie, ElasticSearch, Logstash, ElastAlert, etc.), participate in on-call rotations, and be ready to fix any problems hampering the production.
- Scale the platform for massive growth of the customer base, while maintaining high availability and keeping the budget reasonable.
- Automatize what is possible, challenge the status quo, predict possible hindrances.
- Support DevOps/SRE culture across the company.
- Participate in new projects and eliminate time spent on unnecessary operational issues to a minimum.
DEVOPS TEAM LEADER MISSION
- Keep your hands dirty (analyze, design, implement, automate, …) - 50%
- Lead the team of 7 colleagues, effectively use abilities of each individual, help them develop their skills (evaluate performance, motivation, feedback, work planning) - 50%
- Bring new senior members to the team, support smooth onboarding
- Guide the team to enable adoption of new technologies and processes (AWS, Kubernetes)
- Help to spread the company culture, build the team spirit
- Push forward the key projects (growing the user base while keeping the budget under control, adoption of the Cloud technologies)
- Provide a reliable interface for the Head of Infrastructure and Showmax management, support coordination of the strategic decisions
- English at a level that you’re comfortable using daily
- Experience with leading people from a similar position (5-10 people)
- Proficient in leadership and stakeholders communication
- Knowledge of the modern infrastructure and SRE principles
- Solid programming skills (Python or Golang)
- Willingness to join a growing company with ambitious goals
- 25 days of holidays
- 5 sick days
- Annual bonus based on performance
- Flexible hours and 2 days of home office
- Equipment that you prefer - Lenovo or Apple laptop, monitors, etc.
- Meal vouchers, MultiSport card
- Education - internal knowledge sharing, conferences, online courses, time allocation for learning purposes
- Ergonomic workspace, good coffee and snacks in the office
See other positions (15)