Ruby on Rails full stack developer at ShowmaxApply now
Work at Showmax and help us build the best-in-class streaming video platform!
At Showmax, we’re bringing world-class video-on-demand entertainment to our customers. For us, that means fun, innovation, cutting-edge technology, and building products people love to use. We believe in our work and we focus on working with people - pushing people to learn, experiment, and bring in new ideas.
A bit about the team:
You will be joining a team of 6 people that is a part of a bigger backend team at Showmax. Our team is mainly responsible for authentication application and payment gateway implementation (full stack web applications) as well as related API services written in Ruby.
Who are we looking for:
We’re looking for an engineer to help us improve and maintain our product. Our complex SVOD platform is built on microservices architecture with most services written in Ruby and Go. The full-stack applications maintained by our team are created in Ruby on Rails.
As a Ruby on Rails developer you will do great if:
- You have experience building customer facing software written in Ruby, with focus on user experience, reliability, performance, and monitoring.
- You feel comfortable to challenge the way things are done, and are not afraid to improve it.
- You can fluently communicate in English every day.
- You have proficient knowledge of Linux operating system.
- The DevOps approach is the way you want to do stuff: running, monitoring, debugging, and improving the application is the vital part of the software development.
- You have experience integrating with third party APIs (e.g. payment providers).
You can look forward to:
- Working in an international team of backend engineers.
- Working as a full stack developer, having an impact on product definition, collaborating on decisions that are data driven and well A/B tested.
- An environment where we prefer agile approach with fast delivery of your changes into production, with ability to see the impact in a few minutes, not days or months.
- The challenge of developing new features, designing APIs, and being responsible for the software you have delivered.
- Collaboration with other team members and across the teams, and being responsible for overall delivery.
- Learning about the technical aspects of how a company of our size works, and how to build a SVOD streaming service for a very large number of customers.
What you’ll get in return?
- 25 days of holidays
- 5 sick days
- Annual bonus based on performance
- Flexible hours and 2 days of home office
- Equipment that you prefer - Lenovo or Apple laptop, monitors, etc.
- Meal vouchers, MultiSport card
- Education - internal knowledge sharing, conferences, online courses, time allocation for learning purposes
- Ergonomic workspace, good coffee and snacks in the office
See other positions (9)