Technical Support Specialist at ShowmaxApply now
Showmax is one of the largest and most successful subscription video on demand services serving sub-Saharan Africa. Showmax apps are available for smart TVs, smartphones, tablets, computers, media players and gaming consoles.
Engineering team has the unique challenge of supplying shows from Hollywood’s biggest studios, local African productions, and live sports from around the world to consumers in developing economies - all without compromising quality. Engineering and development activities are centered in Prague. This team of almost 100 people is the engine room of Showmax and acts as a streaming centre of excellence for the entire MultiChoice Group.
- Communicating with service partners for HW repairs
- HW/SW troubleshooting
- Workplace set-up for users (IT equipment)
- Office systems support (printers, meeting rooms, network & cabling)
- Account creation and support (Google Gsuite, LDAP, etc.)
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Windows knowledge (macOS a plus)
- Basic Linux knowledge (identify faulty hardware components, RAID array management, etc.)
- PC / server HW knowledge
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Experience with ticket management
Skills that are a plus
- Understanding of network topologies, network protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP)
- Troubleshooting network issues
- Scripting (Shell, Python)
What you’ll get In return
- Some usual benefits such as 25 days of holidays, 5 sick days, Edenred Ticket Restaurant Card (123CZK).
- Two days per week home office to save time from every day commute and let you be with your family.
- A budget for attending conferences, buying books, and other professional learning services to support your self-development.
- An ergonomic workspace, hardware according to your choice of an Apple or Lenovo brands and MultiSport card. Because we want you to work in a healthy work environment and friendly atmosphere to feel comfortable and do your best magic.
See other positions (8)