Product Manager (VOD) at ShowmaxApply now
Our goal is to be Africa’s most loved online storyteller. We build world class streaming service. Showmax is one of the largest and most successful subscription video on demand services serving sub-Saharan Africa. Our apps are available for smart TVs, smartphones, tablets, computers, media players and gaming consoles.
The team in Prague (about 100 people across engineering, design and PM) manages the majority of the product and enjoys reasonable freedom. MultiChoice Group (ex Naspers) offers an umbrella and benefits of a stable company.
You will target a new potential audience of Showmax. You will be working on a new offering which should bring significant number of users to the platform.
Your daily tasks:
- Manage a diverse team. This will be a complex project, you will need to align various engineering teams, content teams and stakeholders.
- Discover the right solutions. This is a new offering, there are no existing users, you will have to find a way to validate your ideas.
- There will be a deadline. You will need to make sure all parties are aligned and solve situations that would cause a significant delay. Prioritization will be key.
- Work closely together with other teams that take care of existing areas like sign up, payment, playback.
- Once project is launched keep improving it and building on top of it, so that long term goals are met.
- Communicate the progress.
We imagine you like this:
- You have proven experience of delivering on-line projects. Project management skills needed.
- Product management skills: you can prioritize ruthlessly based on data and user research.
- You don’t wait for others to provide what you need, you can communicate and roll up your sleeves if necessary.
- Experience with VOD is huge plus.
- You’re a positive person that can keep the spirit of the team high.
- You have advanced English, both written and spoken.
- Most written communication is in English
- Some team members might be non-native speakers
- Weekly calls with South Africa
- Visits to South Africa
We can offer:
- Ability to be part of a B2C product with an African twist.
- Agility of a smaller company, stability of a large one.
- Chance to learn and grow in a multinational environment.
- 2 days a week home office.
- 5 sick days.
- 5 weeks of vacation.
- Offices in Prague 5 right on a subway line.
See other positions (11)