Product Designer at ShowmaxApply now
Showmax is one of the largest and most successful subscription video on demand services serving sub-Saharan Africa. Showmax apps are available for smart TVs, smartphones, tablets, computers, media players and gaming consoles. Engineering team has the unique challenge of supplying shows from Hollywood’s biggest studios, local African productions, and live sports from around the world to consumers in developing economies - all without compromising quality.
Engineering and development activities are centred in Prague. This team of almost 100 people is the engine room of Showmax and acts as a streaming centre of excellence for the entire MultiChoice Group.
We’re looking for a Product Designer for our branch in the Czech Republic. Working closely with the Product Team in Johannesburg and Prague and with our Engineering Team in the Czech Republic , you would be responsible for designing UX solutions for digital products and services of our VoD service Showmax.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Collaborate closely with product managers, developers, and other designers to ensure user goals are met and a great experience is created.
- Explore divergent solutions and evaluate effectiveness through various methods including, but not limiting to: field studies, A/B testing and usability testing.
- Build and curate a living, design system to establish a shared language consistent with UI standards for web, mobile and Smart TV devices.
- Research market, users and competitors, conduct analysis, collaborate with key
- stakeholders to understand UX/UI challenges.
- Base UX solutions on data/evidence, catering for business and user need.
- Produce task flows and wireframes and map user stories and scenarios to user journeys.
- Ensure correct brand application across web projects.
- Apply good knowledge of branding, typography, iconography, organization, hierarchy,colour theory, patterns, and interaction design principles to create pixel perfect high-fidelity concepts, mockups, prototypes and specifications that represent visual display and workflow.
- Work with designers, design seniors, researchers, product managers and developers to ensure visual and interaction design continuity across products.
- Contribute to design brainstorms and workshops.
- Work on multiple projects at one time, using strong communication skills to manage time and expectations appropriately.
- Keep abreast of latest UX and UI trends and incorporate these into design thinking and conceptualization.
- Previous experience of 1-2 years. We are looking for someone familiar with UX design principles and good understanding of design methods. Basic understanding of web, mobile and lean-back applications is also important.
- Great communication skills. We’re a distributed team, so frequent and clear communication is a must.
- Self-driven work ethic. You need to be a self-starter who takes initiative and helps drive efforts towards completion.
- Curiosity and the desire to learn. This is an ever-changing business focusing on markets that may be foreign to us as designers. Keeping an open mind while remaining flexible is key.
- Interest in establishing a design methodology. We are a new design team working to establish how design can benefit the organization. Openness and the ability to build trust to develop influence are crucial.
- Experience with following: brand development (including imagery and logo design), multimedia presentation, designing web interfaces (across various platforms), proposing and articulating design proposals to peers
- Tools we use: Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud, InVision, Marvel, Axure – you don’t have to be familiar with all of them but at least Sketch is a must.
What we offer:
- You’ll be joining a growing team where you can really influence things.
- We try to minimize bureaucracy as much as possible.
- 2 days of home office because who wants to commute to work every day? Our working hours are flexible and we really mean it.
- Plus we will offer other perks such as ergonomic workspace, budget for learning and growing, friendly atmosphere and a lot of knowledge sharing.
- You will be working in an international environment within the same time zone which makes it easier to cooperate with global teams.
- You will be a part of a successful international company that is a part of Multichoice Group – one of the biggest companies in South Africa and among 40 biggest companies on Johannesburg stock exchange.
See other positions (21)