Backend Developer at ShowmaxApply now
Beroun, Středočeský, Czech Republic, Praha, Hlavní město Praha, Czech Republic
Work at Showmax and help us build the best-in-class streaming video platform!
At Showmax, we’re bringing world-class video-on-demand entertainment to our customers. For us, that means fun, innovation, cutting-edge technology, and building products people love to use.
We’re looking for an engineer to become a part of the team that builds and maintains our complex SVOD platform. If you believe that engineering teams should be a part of the product definition process, with all its benefits and responsibilities - apply now.
We are looking for someone who wants to:
- Implement new functionalities for the Showmax platform using microservices architecture with REST APIs, mostly implemented in Ruby or Go.
- Implement features with a focus on user experience, reliability, performance, and monitoring.
- Deploy your code to staging and production environment on a daily basis, ensuring the service is stable and working as intended.
- Work on in-house tools. Some of the services are used for supporting company operations, like user administration console, source code inspection, or mass operations over multiple repositories.
- Integrate with third party APIs (e.g. payment providers).
- Cooperate with product managers and designers during the planning phase, participating in the architecture and design of new product features.
Contact us if you have:
- A strong sense of personal responsibility for your work and for its overall impact on the product.
- Good coding skills in some of the modern programming languages. Knowledge of Ruby or Go is not a must, but it’s (obviously) a big plus.
- Some basic knowledge of Linux operating system administration.
- Solid communication skills in English
- Most importantly, you are eager to learn how to do cool new stuff with the support of the teams around you.
- The good stuff: Annual bonus, 5 weeks of paid vacation, 5 sick days, meal vouchers, flexible working hours, and two days of home office per week.
- Access to a wide selection of e-learning resources and budget for further self-development.
- Possibility to grow and improve your technical expertise on a modern, large scale microservice architecture.
- Influence product direction and the way things are done.
- You will get to work in an ergonomic workplace, with your choice of an Apple or Lenovo notebook, and we will give you a budget for attending conferences, buying books, and other professional learning experiences.
What you can expect here at Showmax
We want to do more than just leverage the knowledge you have, give you a task to be done, and pay you accordingly. We believe in our work and we focus on working with people - pushing people to learn, experiment, and bring in new ideas. We encourage people to challenge decisions or established paradigms and strive for never-ending improvement.
The engineering team plays a vital role in making product decisions by working with the product team to define new features and develop new ideas. Our organization is structurally flat, so we participate in product decisions with product managers as peers - there are no “corporate overlords” dictating orders to minions sitting at computers.
We use open source software heavily, and are members of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation. Our team tries to contribute back as much as possible by submitting patches to existing projects or by open-sourcing some projects of our own.
See other positions (5)