Backend Ruby on Rails Developer at ShowmaxApply now
Beroun, Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic
Work at Showmax and help us build the best-in-class streaming video platform in the world!
At Showmax, we’re bringing world-class video-on-demand entertainment to everyone. For us, that means fun, innovation, cutting-edge technology, and building products people love to use. Our engineering team builds the technology to make it happen - it’s complex, challenging, and we absolutely love it.
We are looking for an engineer who would like to be part of the team that builds and maintains our complex SVOD platform. If you believe that engineering teams should be a part of the product definition process, with all its benefits and responsibilities - apply now.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Implement new functionalities for the Showmax platform using microservices architecture with REST APIs, mostly implemented in Ruby.
- Work with designers and implement the delivered design of the web pages in Ruby on Rails - both the backend and the frontend parts (no knowledge of JS frameworks is required).
- Cooperate with product managers and designers during the planning phase, participating in the architecture and design of new product features.
- Integrate our services with third-party APIs (e.g. payment providers).
Contact us if
- You have a strong sense of personal responsibility for your work and for the overall impact on the product.
- You have good coding skills in modern programming languages. Knowledge of Ruby on Rails is (obviously) a big plus.
- Knowledge of Linux, ElasticSearch, Ruby, RSpec, and/or automated UI testing makes you an excellent applicant. But, no worries, we will help you learn this stuff if you don’t know it.
- Most importantly, you are eager to learn how to do cool new stuff with the support of the teams around you.
- The good stuff: Annual bonus, 5 weeks of paid vacation, 5 sick days, meal vouchers, flexible working hours, and two days of home office per week.
- Access to a wide selection of e-learning resources and budget for further self development.
- Possibility to grow and improve your technical expertise on a modern, large scale microservice architecture.
- A company where you can influence the direction and the way things are done.
- You will get to work in an ergonomic workplace, with your choice of an Apple or Lenovo notebook, and we will give you a budget for attending conferences, buying books, and other professional learning experiences.
What you can expect here at Showmax
We want to do more than just leverage the knowledge you have, give you a task to be done, and pay you accordingly. We believe in our work and we focus on working with people. We push people to learn, to experiment and to bring in new ideas. We encourage people to challenge decisions or established paradigms. We strive for never ending improvement.
The engineering team plays a vital role in making product decisions by working with the product team to define new features and develop new ideas. Our organization is structurally flat, so we participate in product decisions with product managers as peers - there are no “corporate overlords” dictating orders to minions sitting at computers.
We use open source software heavily, and are members of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation. Our team tries to contribute back as much as possible by submitting patches to existing projects or by open-sourcing some projects of our own.
See other positions (9)