Backend QA Engineer at ShowmaxApply now
Beroun, Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic
Work at Showmax and help us deliver best-in-class streaming video!
At Showmax, we’re bringing world-class video-on-demand entertainment to everyone. For us, that means fun, innovation, cutting-edge technology, and building products people love to use. Our engineering team builds the technology to make it happen - the task is complex, challenging, and we absolutely love it.
We are looking for an experienced and responsible QA engineer who, in close cooperation with product management and development teams, can do all of this:
- Analysis and creation of test cases for new or reworked product functionality
- Regression and user acceptance testing on larger functional areas
- Help and guide developers to properly verify their partial deliverables
- Identify and help with implementation of UI automated tests (where applicable)
- Bring new ideas on how to make our QA process more effective
- You have previous experience with QA work, including tests case definition, execution and evaluation of manual tests, and communication with product and development peers. Experience with end-to-end test automation is a big plus.
- You are product-oriented with a focus on the details, and you consider yourself to be an advocate for end-users, especially in terms of quality.
- You’re able to troubleshoot and report issues, and enjoy helping developers understand the issue.
- You’re able to perform tasks like running a simple database query and perform a REST API call. Also, you are not afraid of opening a microservice’s source code to get a basic understanding of what it does.
- Knowledge of Linux, ElasticSearch, Ruby, RSpec, or Selenium makes you an excellent applicant; but no worries, we will help you learn this stuff if you don’t know it.
- Most important, you are eager to learn plenty of cool new stuff, while enjoying the support you will get from the team around you.
We offer you
- The good stuff: an annual bonus, 5 weeks of paid vacation, 5 sick days, meal vouchers, flexible working hours and two days of homeoffice per week.
- Access to a wide selection of e-learning resources and budget for further self development.
- Possibility to grow and improve your technical expertise on a modern, large scale microservice architecture.
- A company where you can influence the direction and the way things are done.
- You will get to work in an ergonomic workplace, with your choice of an Apple or Lenovo notebook, and we will give you a budget for attending conferences, buying books, and other professional learning experiences.
What you can expect here at Showmax
We want to do more than just leverage what knowledge you have, give you a task to be done, and pay you accordingly. We believe in our work and we focus on working with people. We push people to learn, to experiment and to bring in new ideas. We encourage people to challenge decisions or established paradigms. We strive for never ending improvement.
The engineering team plays a vital role in making product decisions by working with the product team to define new features and develop new ideas. Our organization is structurally flat, so we participate in product decisions with product managers as peers - there are no “corporate overlords” dictating orders to minions sitting at computers. You as a QA person will play an even more important role to keep the product’s quality at the highest level.
We use open source software heavily, and are members of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation. Our team tries to contribute back as much as possible by submitting patches to existing projects or by open-sourcing some projects of our own.
We also like to have a bit of fun. We organize and take part in hackathons, present at conferences, go off-site to clear our heads, and never miss a chance for a good cup of coffee (or a beer or two!) over a board game.
To get a sneak peak of the work we do and the problems we solve, take a look at our Showmax engineering blog.
See other positions (10)