Senior Android Developer at ShowmaxApply now
Beroun, Czech Republic
With engineering offices in Beroun and Prague, our team of highly talented developers is building a world-scalable platform, delivering the best Subscription Video-on-Demand experience on the African continent, Europe, and beyond.
About the Showmax Beroun office:
Beroun is a quiet city full of history, good food, and good people. Plus, it’s close to Prague - just 20 minutes by bus or train. It’s perfect for bikers, runners, walkers, and anyone else who likes a bit of nature. Our office is situated in the heart of Beroun with an amazing view of the city from our rooftop terrace - a great place to chill out, work, and barbecue with friends and colleagues.
About the role
As a senior Android developer, you’ll be working on the concept and architecture of the app, optimize the work, code, and processes that bring it to life. We love to be challenged, and building our SVoD with worldwide ambitions certainly qualifies as a pretty big challenge.
About the Team
The Showmax Android team currently consists of five engineers, most of them senior. Having worked together for more than two years, focusing on writing clean, testable, and easy-to-scale code.
As a whole, Showmax Engineering has about 80 developers on the team, and we’re growing steadily - so, if you’re interested in working on more than just Android development, that’s music to our ears. If you would like to tackle any kind of work or tool across engineering and help others as well as yourself, we’re all going to win. It’s our priority to focus on the product and our users, but the personal and professional growth of our team members is important to us, and we support it as much as we can.
What to Expect
- It all started with Java, but Kotlin is our darling. All of our new code and tests are written in Kotlin.
- Our architecture is MVP-based. Familiar with it? Good. But, if you convince us that you have a better way, we’d love to hear it.
- You need to have relevant experience with dependency injection and writing tests. QA automation is an integral part of our daily work - you can read more about that here.
- We’re a close team full of curious problem-solving people, and we’re looking for the same in you.
- We pride ourselves on being proactive and providing meaningful feedback. Don’t like something in the app, code, or company culture? Say it. Let’s talk about it. Let’s get better.
- We’re looking for team members with strong personalities - people who don’t shy away from any issues we face. Get out there and take the initiative to make it better and we all benefit - including our users.
Some of Your Teammates
Jakub Takac - Jakub is a senior developer leading Android development at the moment. He joined the team a few years back and is a rock of institutional knowledge - he knows the app and its history from front to back.
Jakub Broz - Jakub is a senior developer who joined us about a year ago - quickly becoming a strong member of the team and company as a whole.
Danijela Nandi - An amazing woman who joined Showmax this year. Her experience and focus on numbers turned out to be exactly what we needed. She answers the “why?” questions before we get started on roadmaps and makes it all come together. Research first, implement second.
Daniel Valcik - Daniel also joined us this year. With him in the mobile designer role, the team became fully-capable of running the show - from idea to concept to prototype to release.
Robin Rezek - Our QA mobile lead with years of experience, he taught us that QA is more than just a tester. Now, we do QA and QC properly.
- Two days per week home office. We want to save some travel time and let people be with their loved ones.
- Nice office with great environment.
- Your workstation is where the magic happens, and we’ll build yours to your specs. Tell us your HW preferences, and ideal setup, and that’s what you’ll get.
- We care about people as much as we care about the stability and quality of the code. We’re looking not just for a colleague, we’re looking for a friend. We want a healthy work environment, and work closely with our employees to realize that.
- Engineering culture is our top priority - feel free to checkout our Guide to Showmax Engineering written by our CTO Antonín Král. You’ll be part of a team that does more than just day-to-day work, you’ll shape our culture with us.
Interested in more? Join us, we’re looking forward to meet you.
See other positions (8)